What we know about indoor environments
- Indoor air can be 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air. Learn More.
- Low outdoor air ventilation rates result in health risks to building occupants
- A primary cause of indoor moisture problems is moisture laden outdoor air entering the building
- Conditioning the outdoor air can represent 40% of an HVAC system’s capacity!
What We Know About Building Ventilation
- Higher outdoor air rates not only improve occupant health, but also increase productivity – more is better!
- Outdoor air reduces indoor air pollution improving indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Energy Recovery Wheels allow users to increase ventilation rates while minimizing the energy required conditioning that air!
How Energy Recovery Wheels Work
Airxchange energy recovery wheels rotate between the incoming outdoor airstream and the building exhaust airstream. As the wheel rotates, it transfers a percentage of the heat and moisture differential from one airstream to the other. Consequently, the outdoor air is ‘pre-conditioned’ significantly reducing the capacity and energy needed from the mechanical HVAC system.
Why Airxchange Energy Recovery Wheels
- Patented wheel technology that reduces energy requirements for conditioning outdoor air by 70%
- Removal of moisture from outdoor air in the summer and addition of moisture in the winter to help keep buildings in the ideal humidity range
- Energy recovery ventilation provides performance efficiencies unmatched by any other technology in the industry
- All the health and productivity benefits of outdoor air ventilation without the drawbacks of excessive energy consumption and moisture problems